Some Gleaner Manuals PDF shown above.
GLEANER is a part of AGCO.
AGCO was formed in 1990, when the leaders of Deutz-Allis bought from the parent company KHD (Kloeckner-Humboldt-Deutz) the North American part of the shares, which belonged to the Deutz-Fahr brand. KHD bought part of the Allis-Chalmers agricultural business five years earlier. Since that time, AGCO has become an international company for the production of agricultural machinery due to market development, strategic acquisitions and advanced solutions in the field of agriculture.
At first the company was called Gleaner-Allis Corporation, then changed its name to Allis-Gleaner Corporation or AGCO. The design for tractors and combines was originally developed by Allis-Chalmers Corporation prior to its sale to Deutz Allis. The line of Deutz-Allis tractors was renamed AGCO-Allis, and Gleaner became its own brand of combine harvesters. Production of equipment under the brand Deutz-Allis continued to be manufactured in South America until 2001, when it was renamed AGCO-Allis. It continues to be produced in lime-green color. 2001 AGCO Allis was renamed to AGCO in the North American sector.
In March 1991, AGCO bought Hesston Corporation, which makes hay mowers and tillage equipment, and also such equipment as screw augers (used for the rapid unloading of grain from a combine) into invented by 1947 Lyle Jostom. Hesston had a 50 percent joint venture, Case International, now part of CNH Global.
Also, AGCO acquired the remainder of the White-New Idea Corporation, receiving from it hay mowers, spreaders of organic fertilizers and cotton harvesters. White New Idea had a large manufacturing plant that worked in Couldwater (Ohio).